Second Parent Adoption
California domestic partnership law is an evolving area that requires constant attention and an experienced legal counselor. Because same-sex marriage and domestic partnership law is unsettled throughout the country, there are a variety of issues that may come up in any relationship that require the guidance of a competent attorney.
Pondel Law is very involved in the dynamic, changing legal environment of domestic partnership law. Domestic partnership includes registered same-sex couples, couples who cohabitate, opposite-sex couples over the age of 65 or those who choose to co-parent a child or children.
Pondel Law can assist you with:
- Domestic partnership registration and name change
- Domestic partnership agreements (similar to pre-marital agreements) that address the financial rights and responsibilities of each spouse
- Domestic partner's rights
- Co-parenting plans
- Domestic partner adoption (aka Second Parent or Step Parent Adoption)
- Assisted reproduction
- Estate planning for domestic partners
- Domestic partnership dissolution
- Collaborative dissolution
- Property division
- Debt division
- Spousal support
- Child support
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.